Think email marketing is dead? Think again! Email marketing is still one of the most powerful digital marketing channels and email marketing success rates are stronger than ever. Email marketing is the only marketing channel that delivers a $44 to $1 return on investment and has the highest customer engagement rates of any marketing strategy.
Email marketing is stronger than ever, delivering the highest engagement, acquisition, retention and conversion rates of any digital marketing strategy. The key for any company to achieve email success is standing out from the crowd with strong email subject lines, creative headlines and personalized content that resonates with consumers. The first goal of any email campaign is to get consumers to open the email and one of the most important elements of measuring your email campaign success is tracking your email open rates. Here are 6 ways to motivate your subscribers to open your email messages.
Create Engaging Subject Lines
Your subject line is the customer’s first impression of any email message. The subject line needs to engage customers to motivate them to open your email. A/B splits and creative testing are the most effective ways to create strong, engaging subject lines that resonate with customers. Aim for a short and personalized subject line and test, test, test.
Personalize Your From Lines
Email recipients check email from lines to see if they know the person sending the message. Using a company name for the from line is a great way to reach customers who are already familiar with you but consider using a person’s name from your company to make the from line more personal and increase chances of the email being opened.
Avoid Spam Filters
Email filters are becoming more sophisticated. If your message ends up in the spam folder, your open rates will be severely affected. Avoid using subject lines that will trigger spam filters. Don’t use subject lines in ALL CAPS or the words free, sale, deal, discount, coupon or special offer.
Segment Your Email Lists
Segmenting your email list can help ensure that you are sending relevant content to email subscribers. You can segment your list by purchasing preferences, interests, time since last purchase and more. By segmenting your list into groups of similar customers, you’ll be able to send highly relevant content to each subscriber group and improve your open rates.
Write Directly to Your Customer
Emails are much more likely to be opened if it sounds like the email is written directly to the customer. Use the email recipient’s first name in your subject line or email opening to increase open and engagement rates. This level of familiarity will keep your customers opening your email messages in the future.
Optimize Your Email Send Time
You must know your target audience’s email habits to determine what the best time to reach them is. The middle of the week during business hours is typically the best time to reach consumers with targeted email messages. Track your email data including open rates to determine email open and engagement patterns that will lead to open rate success.
Incorporate these strategies into your next email marketing campaign to improve your open rates, increase customer engagement and conversions and maximize your ROI.
Think email marketing is dead? Think again!
Email marketing is still one of the most powerful digital marketing channels and email marketing success rates are stronger than ever. Email marketing is the only marketing channel that delivers a $44 to $1 return on investment and has the highest customer engagement rates of any marketing strategy.
Here are a few important facts that prove email marketing is stronger than ever:
– Top marketers consistently give email the highest marks when it comes to achieving marketing goals.
– Email marketing beats social media, search engine optimization, paid search, display advertising, content marketing and mobile marketing in customer engagement and conversion rates.
– Email marketing is regarded as the most effective marketing channel for building brand and product awareness, improving customer acquisition and retention and increasing conversions.
– 76% of U.S. companies see the potential of email marketing over the next 5 years.
– Email marketing conversion rates are at least three times that of social media conversion rates, according to a Forbes report.
– Email delivers a far greater share of acquired customers than social media (nearly 40x that of Facebook and Twitter combined).
– Smart phones, watches and tablets have led to increased email use as consumers can check email on the go and 64% of consumers read their email via mobile devices. That number is predicted to grow 23% this year.
These facts prove the importance of email in customer engagement, acquisition, retention and conversion. Email marketing is still the best way to reach customers effectively.