Think email marketing is dead? Think again!
Email marketing is still one of the most powerful digital marketing channels and email marketing success rates are stronger than ever. Email marketing is the only marketing channel that delivers a $44 to $1 return on investment and has the highest customer engagement rates of any marketing strategy.
Here are a few important facts that prove email marketing is stronger than ever:
– Top marketers consistently give email the highest marks when it comes to achieving marketing goals.
– Email marketing beats social media, search engine optimization, paid search, display advertising, content marketing and mobile marketing in customer engagement and conversion rates.
– Email marketing is regarded as the most effective marketing channel for building brand and product awareness, improving customer acquisition and retention and increasing conversions.
– 76% of U.S. companies see the potential of email marketing over the next 5 years.
– Email marketing conversion rates are at least three times that of social media conversion rates, according to a Forbes report.
– Email delivers a far greater share of acquired customers than social media (nearly 40x that of Facebook and Twitter combined).
– Smart phones, watches and tablets have led to increased email use as consumers can check email on the go and 64% of consumers read their email via mobile devices. That number is predicted to grow 23% this year.
These facts prove the importance of email in customer engagement, acquisition, retention and conversion. Email marketing is still the best way to reach customers effectively.