Email marketing is one of the most powerful marketing
channels. It is the most successful marketing medium in
reaching new customers and increasing engagement and
loyalty from your current customers. One of the most
important elements of a successful email marketing campaign
is tracking campaign data and measuring your ROI. Here
are the 5 email marketing metrics you should be tracking to
evaluate your campaign success.
1. Delivery Rate: Delivery rate is one of the most important metrics in evaluating email campaign success. A
good delivery rate is over 95%. That’s why it is important to use an experienced and reputable email company.
They always have the most reliable email lists and get the highest delivery rates.
2. Open Rate: Tracking your open rate is another very important metric for successful email campaigns. If you are
sending out emails but customers aren’t opening them, you need to evaluate your subject lines to make sure you are
giving your customers a reason to open your emails. Having an engaging subject line can either make or break
3. Click-Through Rate: Track your click through rates to determine which messaging and which elements on
your email message generate the most clicks from your customers. Test different messages and calls-to-action by
tracking each link with a different tracking tag.
4. Conversion Rate: Track the sales and conversion rates of your email campaigns so you can easily calculate
your ROI. This will help you generate a good return on investment and determine what’s working and what needs to
5. Unsubscribe Rate: Sometimes email receivers will unsubscribe from your message. Tracking your unsubscribe
rate will help you determine if you are sending your emails out too frequently, to the wrong people or with the
Tracking your email campaigns will help you measure the overall investment and ROI of your campaigns. Email
marketing is a very powerful marketing tool and by tracking these key metrics and using the data to improve your
campaigns, you will ensure that your campaigns succeed.
Contact eTargetMedia to find out how we can help you target
your email campaigns to maximize your campaign results.